SAYiT (Sheena Amos Youth Trust) is a registered independent charity, CIO number 1177477, which has been running in Sheffield since 1999. We are a lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, plus (LGBTQ+) young people and sexual health/HIV charity and our core function is to transform the lives of LGBTQ+ young people and young people affected by HIV, up to the age of 25 through supportive group work, youth action, education and influence.
To provide a youth-centered service delivering a broad range of services supporting the sexual, emotional and mental health and wellbeing, of LGBTQ+ young people and those who care for and support them.
Improving knowledge and awareness and reducing discrimination and inequality through the provision of specialist training and education.
To create an inclusive safe environment where the sexual, emotional and mental wellbeing needs of LGBTQ+ young people are supported, empowering them to achieve their best life potential.
1. Deliver a broad range of services based on the emotional, mental and sexual health needs of LGBTQ+ children and young people’s intersectional identities (e.g. Race and Ethnicity; Disability; Religion and Belief) and ensure that services, staff and trustees reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
2. To meet the emotional wellbeing needs of more LGBTQ+ young people including those facing barriers to support, by developing and fostering innovative approaches to increase our reach
3. Further develop our strong network to identify new funders and partners to cement our reputation.
4. Ensure a comprehensive high-quality training and education offer is in place, sharing our expertise with individuals and organisations to further enhance the lives of young LGBTQ+ people.
5. Ensure we have the short, medium and long term resources in place to deliver our work and meet the needs of LGBTQ+ young people and those that care for and support them
Group work and 1:1s for young people aged 8 – 25
Support for parents and carers of young LGBTQ+ people
Education sessions delivered directly to all young people in schools and youth settings in Sheffield on: LGBTQ+ awareness and support; HIV; and Sexual Health
Assemblies delivered directly to all young people in schools and youth settings in Sheffield on: LGBTQ+ awareness and support; Anti-bullying; PRIDE; HIV; and Sexual Health
Support with developing and sustaining Gender and Sexualities (GSA) groups for all young people in Sheffield schools and other youth settings
Training for workers and adult volunteers delivered at a central Sheffield venue
Bespoke training courses to meet your specific needs at a venue of your choice in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, and nationally